Wednesday, January 2, 2008

a stow-away

I had kind of a neat experience I wanted to share with you guys.

On the way plane ride home from California, I was sitting in the row behind Franny and Bobby in a window seat next to a college-aged girl. Sophie had fallen asleep in my arm and the girl got up to use the bathroom. I was watching Sophie sleep. She looks so pretty when she's sleeping. I love to kiss her cheeks. Anyway, all of the sudden it felt like Mom's head was right next to mine watching Sophie sleep with me. Like, if I were to turn my head right then, I would see her! It was pretty cool! It lasted less than a minute. She came and went really fast- she was gone before the girl even got back to her seat. I'm glad I'm the only one with kids right now. That way all the grandma visits come our way!

Just teasing, but anyway, I was really grateful for that experience and I wanted to share it with you. We love and miss you guys so much. This morning Franny got up and this is what she said:

"Julia's at work. Maggie's sleeping. Annie's sleeping. Grandpa's basketball." It was so cute. I had to explain that you guys were home in California. Sad. We miss you.

No comments: