Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Well it looks like im not going to utah for a while..

Last night i was really thinking about going to Utah. I really wanted to go. So of course as soon as i got back from the temple(which was amazing by the way) i decided to grill dad and to see where we were at as far as his decision. Well we talked and he told me that he wasnt convinced and whatnot. So when i went out last night i was telling my friends about my talk with him and I was kinda starting to see his points, and there were many. then i got home and i read my scriptures and i said my prayers and i really asked that somehow i would get a clear answer as to whether i should keep pushing it or just stay here. and after my prayer when i was llaying in my bed i had an overwhelming feeling that i would not be going, which is the funny part. it was not that i maybe should not go, it was that i would not go. it turned into an argument between me and mom. it makes me laugh now, but that was what was. and it lasted til three in the morning. and it became clear that until i understood, i would not be going to bed. i had thoughts like.. "ok i just wont tell dad that im feeling like this, i belong in utah and im just over thinking it, i just need to go to bed." and the response back was "no your not going to utah, your staying here." so once again, i lost an argument to mom. and i loved it. and now my attitude about staying here has totally changed and i know it will be for the best. Utah isnt going anywhere anyways...
love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Julia Holmes said...

I love it!! Mom is awesome. I am so glad that you are staying Maggie!!! And you are right, Utah is not going anywhere. Love you!

Katherine said...

Nice, Maggie. Thanks for putting this on the blog. Go Mom!