Sunday, April 6, 2008

GENERAL CONFERENCE SUNDAY BREAKFAST. A FAMILY TRADITION.


Marianne loved to establish family traditions. You will find when you continue these traditions you will feel she is close by. One of these traditions was breakfast on General Conference Sunday. She loved to fix the Egg and Sausage Casserole and the Buttermilk Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Coconut Topping. I had to try and figure out what Marianne did for the coconut topping. Maggie and I figured it out this morning. See note next to Coffecake recipe.
As I stood late Saturday night mixing the ingredients for the egg casserole I was reminded of all the times Marianne did the same while I kept her company watching TV. I knew that she was pleased.
Recipe's are from Julia's cookbook. Thanks to Katherine. Just click to enlarge.


Attention: Just make the coffee cake. Ignore the topping suggestions. After coffee cake has baked. Add the following topping:

Mix and spread on coffecake.

Melt 1/2 cup of butter
2 cups of sweetened coconut
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of brown sugar

No comments: