Monday, July 7, 2008

Back home from Kansas


Looks like you all had a great time for the 4th!! I'll be posting our pictures soon. We got in LATE last night. Franny was so hilarious. We wanted to stay late and play games with Jen and Wes so we laid the kids down to bed and stayed until 11:30 before we made the 3 1/2 hour drive home. Poor Bobby. Well, Sophie woke up at about 12:45 and woke Franny up with her screams. Sophie fell back asleep soon after but Franny was awake for the rest of the drive, in a great mood and just chatting away. As we pulled into our town, she said, "Mommy, are you hungry?" Then as I put my glasses on (I had been sleeping), she said, "Mommy, I like your pretty glasses." She ate a bowl of cereal, followed Bobby around, and then finally agreed to go to bed- but not without a pad of paper and a pen. As I unpacked a few things I found her teddy bear she likes to sleep with and decided she might like to have it so I went back into her room. When she saw me come in, she hurried and grabbed the pad of post-it notes, took the bear from me and quickly ripped off one of the post-its and handed it to me, almost like it was something she had forgotten to do before she went to bed. When I said thank you, she said "you're welcome" in a very business-like voice. It was so cute and so funny. She cracks me up with some of the crazy things she does.

I totally creamed my sister-in-law Jen in Scrabble. (Bobby and Wes were too busy watching Youtube videos to join us.) In retrospect, I probably should have let her win for taking such great pictures of our family. She is amazing. More to come. You'll love the ones of Franny!

No comments: