Sunday, July 6, 2008

FOR KATHERINE

Wayne and Cindy invited us to their home for the Fourth. This is a cream cheese frosting sheet cake that I made with raspberries and blueberries. Credit goes to ThePioneerWoman.com.
Now this appetizer (Cowboy Nachos) was something else (same PioneerWoman website). It has layers of chips with seasoned beans, strips of this amazing beef brisquet topped with monterey jack cheese, a pico de gallo salsa, and lots of guacamole (with the pico de gallo mixed in) and sour cream. It was eaten so fast, I didn't get any. Of course, I got my share while putting it together. And yes, I was really bored the night before.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow Dad. I am seriously impressed. Great job. I want to try those cowboy nachos and the cake looks awesome!

Julia Holmes said...

Dad you are awesome!! Everyone was raving about the food you made all day. You did a really good job!!

Rebecca said...

Cole, you rock! I have to laugh, we must be related because I love, love, love the pioneerwoman website. She cracks me up...shes so irreverent and so talented. Im still trying to figure out how I can make a living by blogging. Love you so much, I know that today is very sentimental for all of us, I miss her too. All my love, your sistah